Since October 2018: Research Assistant at the Department of Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich
2016-2018: M.A. in “Communication Science”, University of Münster (Germany)
2012-2016: B.A. in “Media Management”, Hanover University of Music, Drama and Media (Germany)
- Distrust towards science
- Credibility of science communication
- Trustworthiness of social media actors
- Media skepticism
- Mede, N. G. (2019). Fake It till They Take It? Pseudo User Effects and Pseudo User Literacy. Paper presented at the General Online Research 2019 of the German Society for Online Research (DGOF) in Cologne (Germany), 6.-8. March.
- Kessler, S. H. & Mede, N. G. (2019). Quelle: Wikipedia. Wissenschaftliche Befunde zur digitalen Informationssuche. Paper presented at the Winter Congress of the Digital Society in Zurich (Switzerland), 23. February
- Mede, N. G., Hollekamp, S., & Tampier, L. (2018). Is distrust in the media undermining democracy? An explorative interview study on the implications of media skepticism. Paper presented at the 7th European Communication Conference (ECC) of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), October 31–November 3, 2018, Lugano, Switzerland. [accepted]
- Blöbaum, B., Mede, N. G., & Neppl, M. (2018). Trust through science communication: Relevance and change of internal and external scientific communication. Paper presented at the Interdisciplinary Symposium “Current Challenges to Mediatized Science Communication” of the IAMCR-Section “Mediated Communication, Public Opinion and Society”, June 7–9, 2018, Rostock, Germany.
- Mede, N. G., Neppl, M., & Blöbaum, B. (2018). Suspicion or sympathy? The relationship between scientists and journalists. Paper presented at the Interdisciplinary Symposium “Current Challenges to Mediatized Science Communication” of the IAMCR-Section “Mediated Communication, Public Opinion and Society”, June 7–9, 2018, Rostock, Germany.
Awards & Grants
- Scholar of the Deutschlandstipendium (2016–2018)
- Scholar of the European Commission’s Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport (Erasmus+, 2015)
In the news media
- Wissenschaftskommunikation.de: "Es wird immer bedeutsamer zuzuhören." März 2019.
- Journalist: Wohlwollen statt Argwohn. Wissenschaftler bewerteten Medien. August 2018.
- Several (freelance) jobs and internships in market and media development research (including GfK, MiCT, Statista, Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Member of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA)